9.1 Alumna or alumnus or alumni
- is a group of people who have graduated from university
- is an individual male graduate
- is an individual female graduate
- is a group of female graduates
The honorifics emeritus (male) and emerita (female) denote faculty and university officials who have retired but retain their rank or title.
9.3 Go Dogs!
- University of Saskatchewan Huskies
- Huskie Athletics
- the Huskies but Huskie football
Convocate is not a verb. Students graduate from the university at a ceremony called convocation.
- A graduand is one about to receive a university degree.
- A graduate is one who has received a university degree